To the left is the original half-hour sketch I used to make the print below that I posted last time:
And here's the 1934 Japanese print by Toraji Ishikawa titled “In the Bathroom” that I used for the basic design:
The print went really quickly. It only took about 4 hours. Now I'm working on another print from a different sketch that's in a similar style and this time it's taking forever. It seems to work that way; that sometimes I get inspired to do something new and it goes quickly, but when I try to replicate the experience, it's a lot harder. I get bogged down in trying to make things perfect.
I've ordered some Japanese inkjet paper to make an actual print. It'll be interesting to see if actually works.